Updated Sunday 15 May, 2011 12:18 PM

   Headlines  |  Alternate Histories  |  International Edition


Home Page

Announcements 

Alternate Histories

International Edition

List of Updates

Want to join?

Join Writer Development Section

Writer Development Member Section

Join Club ChangerS

Editorial

Chris Comments

Book Reviews

Blog

Letters To The Editor

FAQ

Links Page

Terms and Conditions

Resources

Donations

Alternate Histories

International Edition

Alison Brooks

Fiction

Essays

Other Stuff

Authors

If Baseball Integrated Early

Counter-Factual.Net

Today in Alternate History

This Day in Alternate History Blog



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Extinction Event

By Doctor What

 

 

Chapter 29

For all his protests, it is the sad fact of Man that he cannot choose his triumph. He can only choose how he will stand when the call of Destiny comes. Hopeful that he'll have the courage to answer. What do we do, when things we believe in vanish before our eyes? When all seems lost, the future uncertain, our very existence on this planet we call home in peril... All we feel we can do is run ... or stand and fight ... Was there any warning of their arrival? A sign, a single event that set this chain into motion? Was it a whisper in God's ear? Was it hubris? Or folly? If we could mark a single moment in time, that first hint of the approaching danger - would we have done anything differently? Could it have been stopped? Or was the die so long ago cast and the path etched in stone? The Present is gone ... shattered... There is but one Truth now ... They are here, and the very Earth shudders beneath them...

      Private Journal of Captain Matt Messiniano, 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Hamilton, New York. Awarded the Soldier’s Medal posthumously as of a result of his actions during the Manhattan Incursions.

**

This article has been transferred to the Writer Development Section.  You will need a password to view this article. To get your password, please click here.

Our apologies for any inconvenience. 

 

CTT

 

~~

 

Please Comment In The Discussion Forum

Hit Counter